690 Autumn Lane, Dripping Springs, Texas
Modern technology and old world charm combine with exuberant, expressive, and crafted details to recall nostalgia from the days of Mark Twain and John Phillips Sousa. This stately, charming, eclectic and lavishly finished retreat is the quintessential Norman Shaw (English architect) Victorian Queen Anne “painted lady” with 5,152 sq.ft. Every detail, from the period push button light switches with dimmer controls to the spectacularly crafted wood paneling and custom “gingerbread” wood work, to the Farrow and Ball of Dorset paint and wallpaper and the Geometric Encaustic Handmade Tiles adorning every space. Custom arched double doors open into the Burl wood finished Vestibule, with 150 Year-Old recovered Old Heart Pine Flooring and wood stairs with hand-spun spindles. The lighthearted blue and white Dining room with fireplace, the vaulted and beamed Great Room, and the Red Oak paneled Office/Library are centered around a gourmet Kitchen, featuring an imported French LaCanche range and Miele, Wolf, and Sub-Zero appliances, connects to the delightfully faux painted Scullery. Over 5,000 sq.ft of wrap around patios and decks invite serene enjoyment of the private, pastoral 17 acre, fully fenced, Texas Hill Country setting. Energy efficiency through Geothermal heating and cooling, LED lighting, thermal insulation, and custom Anderson wood windows.
Pool & Pool House:
An outdoor 45,000 Gallon pool with two waterfalls, featuring reverse osmosis treated water, and sun-drenched limestone patio transitions into the Live Oak shaded patio around the 922 sq.ft. Pool/Guest House, which includes an open living/sleeping and kitchen. Caterers and staff have full access along the private drives that meander throughout the property, which makes entertaining large corporate events poolside a breeze.
Juxtaposed and enlivening the crafted beauty of the main residence is the contemporary, sleek, modern 3-story, 3,637 sq.ft. Executive Retreat, designed by Austin architect Dick Clark, features a Media room with kitchenette, Office/Guest Quarters, indoor pool, spa, mirrored gymnasium, a true wine cellar, and a three-car garage. Multilevel observation decks and corner windows relax the soul with the tranquil Texas Hill Country views. Geothermal heating and cooling and other technology provides energy-efficiency.
Along the split cedar fencing, past the third private, gated entrance is the modern version of the Texas Farm House. This 2-story, 2,393 sq.ft. Guest Home is surrounded by horse pastures providing guests plenty of privacy. Living room, Study, Kitchen, Dining, 4 Bedrooms and 2.5 Baths provide ample living for your extended stay guests. It features an independent well and storage tank, fully-fenced yard, and a private driveway from main roadway and connects to the main residence and Heliport via perimeter private driveways.
Heliport with landscaped Heli-hanger with Office/Staff apartment, and storage also serves as the equipment and tractor garage for the Kubota M446 Utracab II tractor (included with the property) is accessed from the main residence along the Oak lined drive and from the roadway via a dedicated private hanger driveway with Limestone gated entry. Helipad with landing lights extends beside the Heli-hanger, which previously housed an Enstrom 480B Rotorcraft 5-passenger helicopter. Travel time via helicopter to Austin Bergstrom International Airport is roughly 15 minutes.
17 Acres fully fenced with 8′ fencing and a total of 3 entrances to property along 2 different roadways: Main entrance with circular, concrete driveway, Heliport entrance, and Farm House entrance, each with security cameras and remote control operations. Paths and private drives meander throughout the property connecting the various structures, including a small barn with its own rainwater catchment system. 2 individually fenced pastures and Round Pen for horses, Texas Longhorn cattle, or exotic animals.
Main Residence Features:
- Paint and Wallpaper from Farrow and Ball of Dorset, England
- Geometric Encaustic Handmade Tiles
- 150 Year-Old Recovered Old Heart Pine Floors
- Wood/Coal Burning Stoves, Circa 1880-1910
- Custom Mahogany and Cedar Gingerbread, gable ornaments and corbels
- Custom Anderson Windows
- Energy-Efficient LED Lighting with Authentic Period Fixtures
- Crestron Audio/Video, Smart House Technology and Security System
- Geothermal Home Climate Control – eight 300-foot deep, closed-loop
- geothermal wells
- 35,000 Gallon Water Catchment System
- Generac Guardian Series Standby whole house Generator, 60 kW
- 3/4″ #2 Grade Cypress Lap Siding
- Fancy cut, Western red cedar (from Washington state) “fish scale” exterior trim
- Tamco Metal Roof Shingles
- Limestone, Luder and red brick Chimneys
- Limestone and Luder Stone Walls
- 5,000 Square Foot Wrap Around Deck (Covered and Open)
Kitchen, Scullery, and Pantry:
- Faux finished bead board ceilings
- Custom cabinets
- Imported French LaCanche 71-inch kitchen range with Zephyr Tornado III
- Vent Hood
- Wolf In-Counter Steamer with separate faucet/drain
- Sub-Zero 48-inch built-in, side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with ice maker
- Miele Dishwasher
- Custom Faux wall finishes
Main Residence Specs:
- Interior Size: 5,152 sq. ft.
- Year Built: 1985
- Completely Remodeled: 2011
- Main Entry Gate: 12′ x 16′ Custom-built Wrought Iron Automated
- Great Room
- Dining Room
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Walk-in pantry
- Master bedroom and bath on main floor
- 2 Guest Suites with private baths on second floor, including one with private entrance and deck.
- Laundry Closets: Full-size Washer and Dryer hookups in both Scullery and Master Bedroom
- 5,000 sq.ft. Wrap-around Decks, both Covered and Open, with Outdoor Speakers
- Water Supply: Includes three water supplies. A whole-house well with reverse-osmosis treatment, a rain water-collection system (from Australia) collecting rain from 6,000 sq. ft. of roof, producing 112,000 gallons per year, stored in a 30,000 gallon storage tank, and a backup irrigation well purified with ultra-violet light.
- Water Quality: Pentek™ “step-wise” whole-house filtration unit with Atlantic Ultraviolet, 120V, 20gpm, 316 stainless steel, wall-mounted purifier and sterilization unit. Includes reverse-osmosis filtration.
- Heating/Cooling: Geothermal (8 wells)
- Crestron Smart-House technology system
- Security system with multiple cameras throughout property
- Power supply: Generac Guardian Series Standby whole house Generator, 60 kW supplied by two dedicated 500 gallon propane tanks.
Executive Retreat Specs:
- Interior Size: 3,637 sq. ft.
- Year Built: 2001
- Year Updated and Remodeled: 2010
- Media Room: Automated drop-down digital projector with automatic
- curtain-close, surround-sound, and DVD player (fully-updated 2011)
- 1 Bedroom
- 2 Bathrooms
- Wine cellar: Built-in wine storage cabinetry and game area
- Fitness: Full gym, resistance pool, and sauna
- Garages: 3 garages with automated wood doors
- Heating/Cooling: Geothermal (6 wells)
- Technology: Includes Crestron Smart-House Technology
Farm House Specs
- Interior Size: 2,393 sq.ft.
- Year Built: 1985
- Year Fully Remodeled: 2010
- Living Room
- Sun room
- Kitchen with all appliances
- Combination Living/Dining Area (Open Plan)
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Full-size Washer and Dryer
- Water Supply: Independent Well and Storage Tank
- Fully-fenced Yard
- Private entrance/Automated gate
For more information, please Get In Touch with Sebastian St.Troy of Doors & Gables.